Before you respond to this topic please: Sign In or Sign Up
Default_avatar
Mark Chatterton about 1 month ago

In our area—Mound, MN—Frontier has not provided quality internet service at the speed and price they advertise and enroll their customers into.

Quality: Internet connections drop out regularly, requiring cycling power on the modem to re-establish connection. Frontier technical support tells us this is an "area problem." Frontier technical support and customer service stated to me on at least five occasions that this is a known issue; their equipment cannot handle the volume of network traffic in this area.

Price: Frontier's solution to this problem, offered by their technical & customer service agents on March 19, was to switch us to fiber for faster speed but at an increased cost of $15/month (60% increase from our current monthly charge). I told Frontier technical support this is a bait-and-switch; we are not asking for a service upgrade. We simply want reliable service at the speed and price we enrolled in. Frontier customer service then offered to issue us a credit against the extra $15/month for one year. Beyond that, no promises.

Frontier's "area problem" should not be fixed by reaching into the wallets of its customers. We hold up our end of the bargain by paying our bill in full and on time. Frontier has an obligation to provide reliable service at the speed & price paid for. If it needs to switch some customers to fiber to fix this until the area equipment is improved, that should not be a burden on those switched customers.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Wally Rosier 24 days ago

In our area, Frontier advertises that their service is MB DSL service. I have had their DSL since it came into this area and have never received over 2MB (their own speed tests) yet they continue to charge for 6 MB service. Their own technical staff have finally admitted their equipment is only capable of 2 MB service yet they continue to advertise and charge for 6 MB. Since they have no competition they are not held accountable by market (IE: customers leaving for better service/product). This needs to change open the market for all providers, PLEASE !!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
David Davis 20 days ago

We encounter inbound calls on a regular basis where we cannot hear anyone on the other end. We tell the person to call back or we call the number displayed as the caller ID. During a really bad stretch of there calls we complained heavily to Frontier for days. After several days of stating they find no issues, they finally admitted to some sort of programming issue in some relay point/station and that it was being fixed. It is a more infrequent occurrence now, but we still get these calls where we can't hear the person on the other end and can only hope they hear us and try to call us back.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Rachel Brophy 16 days ago

I learned today that the my internet service with Frontier is so terrible is that we are set up for 6MB though we can only handle 1 which is incredibly slow. My rates just went up from the intro rate of 19.99 to the rate of 34.99. I was lucky to have service half the time, so the thought of paying double isn't something I am interested in. I tried to cancel and was told that because I used my Amazon gift card they gave new subscribers I had unwittingly signed myself into a 2 year contract. I had asked if there was a contract commitment when I signed up and was told "No." I had a tech scheduled to come and reconfigure my speeds to match my capabilities, but I ended up cancelling the work order because they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't get charged for the tech visit even though it was to fix something they'd done wrong to begin with. In the past 2 days alone I have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with people at Frontier. I feel that they offer a substandard service using deceptive business practice to get and keep customers.

1 Read

Bootstrap_10217154158266285
Don Razskazoff 16 days ago

I subscribe to Frontier DSL and pay that premium. I do not receive the advertised speed, yet I pay for it. Also, I reported my telephone service was dead on June 30, 2018. They informed me that a technician would get the repair ticket on July 19, 2018. The technician showed up on July 19 and repaired the problem within an hour from the exterior. Three weeks is dangerously long for a senior citizen to be without 911 capability. The only good thing that I in previous years had difficulty with is that they immediately credited my account for the non-service. comment...

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Lindsay Meulners at August 16, 2018 at 4:30pm CDT

Frontier has not provided the internet service they stated I would received when I signed my 2 year contract. Our internet speeds are about half of what they advertise and completely cuts out multiple times throughout the day. There have been instances when the internet has gone out for hours. I have called Frontier technical support and customer service more times than any customer should ever have to call a company and I have only had service for about a year and a half. I would estimate that I call this company for problems roughly 4 times a month (over 20 times total). Every time I speak with someone they provide me different answers or solutions, and never an apology or refund (I had to request a refund when my internet was not working for multiple days). I should have known it would be a bad experience when the complete set-up took almost a month because the first time around they mailed the modem to an address that does not exist (again, I had to request a refund for the first 2-3 weeks I could not access the internet at all, they did not automatically reimburse me). Their service, customer experience and quality is the worst of any company I have ever had to deal with and they should be held accountable for the time and money wasted by their customers.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Ronald Kitzmann at August 18, 2018 at 11:25am CDT

Frontier underperformed consistently with Internet service despite several calls to customer service. They sold me a higher speed service that made absolutely no difference, but at increased monthly cost. After more calls to attempt a fix and receiving conflicting information, we cancelled the service plus the landline we had for 36 years. After cancelling they charged an early cancel fee of $100 for their "premium" service. I filed an earlier comment with the state and the BBB with no satisfaction.

0 Reads