This Discussion channel is currently closed.

Default_avatar
Dan OConnell about 6 years ago

As captive audience to Frontier as the only wired internet service provider to Mound, MN, I have experienced a bogged down service which is inherent with even their increased/enhanced speeds available at increased cost. At the lowest/slowest service they provide I have suffered increases of 40%-50% every two years. What began as a $20 special that wasn't disclosed at sign up as a special that magically expired raising the fee by only $5 after some arbitrary time they decided upon. Since then it has gone up incrementally...the last being two months ago to reach a 40% increase within two years! As a retired person on fixed income it is becoming unaffordable yet required for daily living...truly they are price gouging while nearby cities get normal/less expensive service. What event caused such increases? None...it appears to be merely callous, predatory pricing to a captive (regulatory captured) audience with no escape beyond moving.

8 Reads

Default_avatar
Jay Dougherty about 6 years ago

I live 5 miles west of Mound, MN. Like Dan O'Connell, I experience incremental increases in rates with decreasing performance. I am on a shared "switch" of some sort, so that each time another customer in my vicinity connects with DSL, my performance goes down. I was especially irritated with the most recent rate increase. Even though it was only $2 per month, I found it deceptive to bury "Frontier Internet Infrastructure Surcharge" under the subcategory of "State Taxes and other charges", since many customers would not dig one step deeper to find that the charge is actually being paid to Frontier, not to the state.

7 Reads

Default_avatar
Kyle Smith about 6 years ago

Like other posts, I have no options in my area of Lindstrom or I would have left Frontier many years ago. Resetting our router is a daily routine, speed checks indicated sub-par levels of service vs. what I pay for and billing "errors" (I don't know if they are deceptive or just incompetent) are the norm. My wife has spent many hours over the last 10 years on the phone with Frontier on various topics. Truly pathetic service and if they had competition they would not have a business. No one in this area that I talk with has good things to say about Frontier -- it's the local joke, but people don't have options. PLEASE PLEASE find a company that will enter this local market and then you don't have to worry about pursuing Frontier's billing practices because they won't have any customers!! :-) I would switch in a nano second if I had options.

6 Reads

Default_avatar
Wally Rosier about 6 years ago

Please read my other comments on this cases topics. Frontier knows they have a captive consumer base and have no intention of doing anything other than collecting as much revenue as possible from that captive consumer base. Illegal? No, but this is business 101. We need to allow their captive consumer base to have the freedom to purchase service from an organization that does what it says when it says.

7 Reads

Default_avatar
Brian Drake about 6 years ago

I am a part-time Mound, MN resident. Because I only need internet service at the lake, I responded to a Frontier ad for "High Speed Internet" service received in the mail at the Mound address. I took the bait and was told by a rep that the premium service was indeed available - the price was good, so I signed up. I was told I'd be receiving a modem and other equipment in the mail and to call with any questions upon receipt. About 45 days later I began getting billed at 45./monthly even though I had not received any "equipment" I called CS at Frontier and was informed that the stuff had been delivered and I was now being billed for the service. I spent approximately an hour getting passed around and finally gave up. I did not pay the bill. The following month I received a call from Frontier collections about the bill and, again, told them I had no modem, etc., and was not using their service. After another marathon session on the phone it was determined that the package had mistakenly been delivered to a neighbor - a neighbor who had recently passed away. They adjusted my "bill" and I set up an appointment for a Frontier tech to meet me to set up installation. I rec'd the package 3 days later and the tech showed up a couple days after that. When I discovered that he couldn't install anything resembling "high speed internet service" because there were no fiber optics available and what he set up was a phone-line application which was basically a couple steps up from the old dial-up services - I gave him the modem, etc., and politely declined the service. I called Frontier as well. Long story short, I continued to get bills from Frontier and continued talking to their collections people explaining why I wasn't paying - "because what you gave me was not what I ordered from the rep on the phone per the ad I received...and I haven't used your service, not even one day.." About a month later I was contacted by a 3rd party collection agency for payment plus their fees. Of course, I told the story again and actually thought I cleared it up. Then, when I accepted a new employment position, the required background search included a credit report and - you guessed it - I have an open, unpaid collection account from this 3rd party on behalf of Frontier reporting to the credit bureaus. I am beyond understanding now. I currently don't have the time to hang on the phone dealing with these idiots, but I will gladly be part of any/all class action against Frontier.

6 Reads
Default_avatar
James Mortenson almost 6 years ago

I felt your pain Brian. I was on the phone with them for over 8 hours over several days with half of that being placed on hold or the call suddenly being disconnected and having to start all over with telling the exact same story to a different representative each time. Their customer service is beyond the worst I have ever seen or experienced. There is no common sense, reasonableness or the ability to resolve problems. Your problem should have been fixed in a heartbeat because they could see on their end you were not drawing any service. I would have been beyond myself if they would have dinged my credit report.

4 Reads

Default_avatar
Ann LaBelle about 6 years ago

On July 30, 2018 I noticed that a pole that has been bent over for about a year has finally broken off and has very sharp and dangerous parts sticking up and out. I have been calling Frontier about this problem since this spring and now that is has finally broken off I though for sure they would repair it. I spoke to Alyssa at Technical Support on July 30th regarding the problem and even sent pictures which are attached here. I received communication from them with a work order number on July 31. (Quote) Frontier Social Media ( Ann LaBelle/ Skyview Ranch LLC) [6514631974) From: Rodriguez, Yoany (yoany.r.rodriguez@ftr.com) To: Skyviewranch@frontier.com; Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:11 AM

Hello Ann,

Thank you for reaching out to the Frontier Social Media Team for assistance. My name is Yoany and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced thus far. I will do everything I can to assist you going forward. We received your request for assistance with the broken pole that needs to be replaced. I have created a Maintenance Ticket to have a technician out, and asses the situation so a construction crew can be scheduled to install a new pole, then after the cables have been transferred over the old pole can be removed. 002008237 is the number for the ticket, and it is dated for today.

Sorry for the delay from your last request, and thank you for your patience.

Yoany Rodriguez Account Manager Frontier Social Media

4 Reads

Default_avatar
Jeremiah Mathews almost 6 years ago

Yes, there are other issues and concerns. As mentioned in the billing discussion, we moved to the City of Garrison, MN in Sept. of 2016 to find Frontier was the ONLY option for Internet Service providers. We signed on for Internet right away and hadn't decided what to do about TV yet. 2 weeks went by and we decided to learn about DISH. The sales rep was very pushy and promised us special pricing, free installation and a $300 sign-on bonus Amazon gift card if we bundled with our Internet service, as it was less than 30 days since we joined, so we agreed and what a disappointment, we didn't get special pricing and we were charged for installation, which cost us hours of time on the phone trying to get things cleared up, not to mention because we are on Auto-Pay, they just take it from our checking account, whether the bill is right or wrong and when we started asking for our Amazon Gift Card, they 1st said after 6 months of on-time payments, then they said after a year, then they said it wasn't for $300 it was for $25...very disappointed and hate being lied to.

4 Reads

Default_avatar
Alycia Hausladen almost 6 years ago

I live in Waverly, MN, and unfortunately Frontier is the only provider who will service my area. For years, we, along with my neighbors, have has unreliable or slow internet service and have called numerous times about it. At least twice a week at 5:00 AM I can't even get internet on my computer to do my YouTube workouts. And Friday nights and the weekends, don't plan on streaming a movie, because 9 out of 10 times it will buffer though out the entire movie, and sometimes it won't work at all. I personally have recently been told more than once we are in a high volume area with only the one grid servicing us and the grid needs to be upgraded (it's very old). If people are on at the same time, we will have the internet drop and slower service and sometimes nothing at all. More often than not, we've been forced to reset the modem (which sometimes doesn't even help). Then end of August, I spoke to someone who told me that they would have a new modem sent out (being ours was like 4 years old), he said it might help to upgrade the modem and would help with the wi-fi connection. He even gave me an order number, so we waited and nothing came. Just last Saturday, I had no internet from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM. I called again to check on the new modem, and after 2 hours of being bounced to 5 different people, I was told that a new modem order was never made. Again, I had a order number for tracking it! Anyway, I finally was connected by another by a tech that they're not seeing anything that would indicate a bad modem, it's the grid and high volume area. He then told me to call Frontier and see if my bill can get adjusted being we are not getting the internet service we are paying for. I guess that is whats most frustrating to me is we are paying for good internet service and rarely get it! I will have to say everyone I have spoken to from Frontier has been very nice and apologetic for the terrible internet service. And I certainly don't blame them for Frontier's poor customer service!

4 Reads

Default_avatar
Bryce Beckstrom almost 6 years ago

MPUC Docket No. P407, 405/CI-18-122

OAH Docket No. 19-2500-35222

Frontier Communications Customer

Bryce Beckstrom

Alborn, MN

I and many others living in Alborn, MN are sick of the poor service from Frontier Communications. The internet speeds are slow, the reliability is spotty, and customer service is a far cry from helpful. We consistently deal with line speed issues or the internet going down all together. When you call for support they try to blame it on customer equipment verses doing any real work. After a couple calls they finally will come out to look into the issue and possible fix it as well.

They overcharge for the speed they advertise, which is not even what we get anyways. I once had Frontier customer support tell me they are surprised I even get internet from them because I am just out of there service distance. So what they did (according to them) is put boosters in so they could bring me slow internet but charge me the same rate as everyone else. They also are the only game in the area for broadband; which explains a lot about how they treat us. Their billing department once told me not to use auto pay because if they mess up you may as well just get it as a credit to your account because you will not see that money again.

Another thing to make note of is their practice of rented equipment. I used to buy and maintain my own equipment in the house (router/modem). Every time I would call support for connection or speed issues, and once they found out it was my equipment, they would say it is my problem due to faulty equipment. After having this occur too many times I broke down and rented their equipment. Well time went by and when I would call in they would say it has to be the equipment and I need to purchase a new one. I would point out I rent the equipment so they should replace their faulty hardware, their excuse would be that the equipment was over a year old or make something else up. In one case they refused to troubleshoot the issue due to their equipment.

I will be happy to provide speed tests so you can visually see how slow it is. Also I would like to add the techs that are on site are great. This is not their fault and blame should not be placed upon their shoulders. They share some of what Frontier does wrong. Like in the case of when they pulled pairs of copper down past my place and the techs explained it is not enough for the current customers let alone growth and Frontier did not care. Frontier premeditates having poor service at high prices.

Below are notes I took, when experiencing major issues and remember too, of communications with Frontier support. The last major issue was in the beginning of 2017, you will notice how it took almost 3 months to sort of resolve.

08/03/2015:

Called at 4:15PM on until 5PM

They are sending a tech. I have received a one month refund. I was informed by Tech Support and billing that I was supposed to be receiving 6mb.

08/04/2015:

Internet was slow and I noticed the advertisied speed in the web admin went from 1.8mb to 1.3mb.

08/05/2015:

Internet speed was horrible. Could not watch netflix as it buffered about every 1-3 minutes regardless of device used.

08/06/2015:

Called at 9:00AM I was told I should be receiving 2.6mb.Then after discussion I am told I should receive at least 1.3mb.I was also told that you need a 3mb connection to stream video, this is not correct.Tech will be coming out today between 8AM-5Pm.Call was with a Bryan.

11/23/2015:

Called 4:45PM no internet ticket# 1117140 Tech coming Tuesday between 8AM-5PM to check line.

02/13/2016:

Called lost internet again. Blinking DSL not internet light. Call a couple weeks ago and I was supposed to recieve a replacement router which I never did. This is the third or forth time this happened this year. Tech support claims to be sending me a replacement router. I have not heard back from them however as they said after they run tests and attempt repair they will call me back.

02/14/2017:

Called back, never heard from tech support again from the following night. The network speed according to the web admin has gotten slower and slower as the night passed (over a two and half hour period). I restarted the router and waited about 10 minutes but the speed did not approve. I than called support and the speed went back up to 5464 Kbps down and 767 Kbps up. I have inquired about the router that is supposed to be sent. Tech support put me on hold for somewhere around 15 minutes with no update. They refused to send a replacment without troubleshooting. I will call again another time.

04/14/2017:

Called somewhere around 8:30AM; speaking with Lucy; Billing me $60 for the upgrade to 12mb in which I am only getting 10mb. She transfered me out to an unkown extension in which I waited 5 minutes hung up and called back. Time 8:47AM. Got back on with Jennifer; she is claiming to be able to help. Jennifer corrected the current bill back to $34.99. Time 9:11AM. Trying to tell me the 12mb plan costs $59.99; originally the discussion was $45.99. Jennifer is transfering me to a Escalation manager; Laura.They are pulling the call history and will get back to me. They will email me the mail address to the president to file a complaint.

04/24/2017:

Called in the AM but was too busy to complete the call.

04/25/2017:

Agent transfered me to a escalation manager, Fernado. Repeating everything with Fernado to get him up to speed. They are going to pull the recording from April 14th and the recording from early March. Fernado said it will take 48-72 hours to complete this request. Call 1-203-614-5600 to file a complaint; this is a number to corporate.

04/28/2017:

8:10AM

Frontier charged me the full $92.68. Now I have to wait until the billing shows up on their end so I can get it refunded. Escalation Manager Dorrian is pulling the recordings from March and April 14th. He will contact me once completed; approximate time an hour. Current time 8:33AM.

I called again later that afternoon after work. End of call she said she was giving me a credit of $15 to bring the following month bill down to $44.99 until they can get everything sorted out.

04/29/2017:

12:45AMish

The escalation manager called me back to tell me they fixed the billing issue. My bank account still said otherwise but I will check sometime the following week.

05/08/2017:

Called corporate offices (office of the president) @8:20AM. Checked bill this morning and it is supposed to be at $44.99 but it is at $59.99. Brenda EMAIL: brenda.johnson@ftr.com; Reference my name and account number in the subject line. Brenda's office number 1-844-320-4445 Ext. 1124207. Brenda is crediting $16.11 to my account to correct the current billing from $59.99 to $44.99 for the month of May. Brenda is attempting to fix the promo credit for the 12mb connection. Brenda added the $15 promo credit to correct the billing; Order Confirmation: 57083506.

4 Reads

Default_avatar
THOMAS HANNASCH almost 6 years ago

I echo the sentiments from others regarding service and billing practices. Most recently with respect to billing practices, Frontier had come out with a $49.99 service offering which we found as were considering a change in ISPs. My wife and I went in to the office and signed up in person to be sure there wasn't going to be any bait and switch as had been my experience with Frontier in the past. For several months, service went on and we were billed the $49.99 as promised. Then, three or four months after we agreed with this plan, Frontier called my wife and said we could upgrade the internet speed for no additional charge. She agreed with the upgrade and the next month our billing had increased by over $15. Only after several phone calls were we able to get the charge reduced and even then we were told that the $49.99 plan wasn't available any longer and our monthly charge would now be $51.98. At that point, we gave up and accepted the $51.98. Overall, my experience with Frontier has been such that I will never agree to AutoPay my account with them. I simply cannot trust their business practices.

4 Reads

Default_avatar
Jean Sollie almost 6 years ago

We moved into Lakeville in May, 2003, and at the same time signed up for Frontier phone and internet. We have had multiple modems that have had to be replaced. One time was told to pick one up at the Frontier in Burnsville. Come to find out the Burnsville building does not have supplies for the general public.

One of the real issues with internet service since around 2015 is concerning poor Wi-Fi connection. We were told that with so many phones in the house, we would basically have to deal with slow or no Wi-Fi connection at the times all of us were in the house at once. I was told that we should go near the modem to receive the best Wi-Fi connection. We were also told that the best connection for a computer would be a hard wire, When all our kids left the house, we still had issues and I made several phone calls to Frontier, they sent out shady looking technicians that would switch out the modem, only to leave me with the same Wi-Fi connection issues I had before. This past year, after several attempts to have reliable WI-FI, the technician told me he would come out and replace the modem with a commercial-grade modem. It wasn't until we received our statement, that we realized that we were being billed $15 more per month, and we were still were having issues with the WI-FI.

During one of my many phone calls to Verizon Tech Support this last year, I was told that there were over a 100 interruptions/disconnections to our Wi-Fi connections within the past month.

During a phone conversation with Tech Support, I was offered a new service they had. Whole Home Protection Plan. He stated that all of the electronic devices in our home would be covered 100%. Shortly after my husband called Frontier and spoke with a representative for an hour regarding the Whole Home Protection, and signed up for the protection plan. The whole purpose for this hour long conversation was specifically to make sure our TV would be covered. A year later, my husband called to get our TV repaired, and was told that he did not sign up for the plan that included TV repair. At that point he signed up again for the plan that would cover our TV. Another year passed and he called to get a different TV repaired and was told again that he was not signed up for the Whole Home insurance Plan (which would cover TV repair). After my husband said that our bills show that we have been paying for the Whole Home Protection Plan, the Frontier manager finally said (after an hour long conversation) that we were signed up, At the time of sign up my husband had asked specifically if the protection plan would cover our specific type of TV, and he was told that our TV would be covered. So we have been paying for Whole Home Protection Plan for over 2 years and have never received any documentation stating that there were any restrictions on the plan.

I work at home and rely on reliable internet. My computer is hard wired to the internet. During 7/23/18-8/2/18 I lost network connection multiple times on my computer 7 out of 8 days. When I called tech support, I was told that if that happens, I should just unplug the phone cord from the wall and wait 10 seconds, and plug back in. On 8/2/18 the internet went down over 15 times within a 6 hour period. It was so frustrating!

3 Reads

Default_avatar
Ellen Considine almost 6 years ago

I live in Scandia, MN. At the time we moved to our current home in Scandia the only internet service provider was Frontier. Over time the service grew worse and worse, requiring that the modem be reset several times a day, with very slow connection and frequent loss of connection altogether. We were thrilled when MidCo internet service became available at our address and have been very happy with their service (which costs less than what we had paid for Frontier's abysmal service). We are now moving to a new home, still in Scandia. MidCo does not provide internet service at our new home, so I called Frontier. The Frontier service representative told me that, while the new address is within their coverage area, they cannot provide us an internet connection there. The service representative explained that they do not have additional capacity in this area. It appears that Frontier has a monopoly on the internet market in this neighborhood, but they don't actually have the capability to provide service.

2 Reads

Default_avatar
Jean Evens almost 6 years ago

One of the times I contacted the customer service I was told that Frontier Internet does not need to provide the Mbps that you are supposed to receive. I was told Frontier only is required to provide a percentage of the Mbps. I was getting 1.+ for download when I would do a speedtest. That was far from the 6.0 (I thinkthat was the number) that I was supposed to be receiving.
Even thought there has been improvement in the numbers, I still experience slow slow apparent speed and the connection doesn't even show when the computer tells me there is no connection. Frontier is the worst Internet service I have ever had.

3 Reads

Default_avatar
Stephanie Josephson almost 6 years ago

I have been a frontier customer for over 40 yrs. Only because of where I live there is no other company available. My cell service is not reliable in my area so I need to have a landline. I also have high speed dsl through frontier. I have had nothing but problems with billing, phone and internet. I cringe when I have to call for help because I always get the runaround with them. The latest, my internet has been throwing me off every 2-5 minutes. When I called the person on the other end was preforming tests. We got disconnected and he never called me back. I called again and got a new customer service person. He ran tests, told me the test was showing more that 400 disconnects in the last 3 days. He also told me the test was showing several shorts in the line somewhere. He put in a ticket number and said it would be fixed within 4 days. 4 days later I was still having problems but not as many disconnects. I looked up the ticket number and it said completed. It has been 4 days since and I have had a lot of clicking and crackling on my phone line while in use. on the 5th day I have no phone line! No way to contact them without a phone. Climbed on the roof of my house to use my cell and call them. They ran a test and there is a line problem and put in a new ticket number in and told me it would be 14 days before it will be fixed! What? I had better not get a bill this month! I am in tears as I need to make important phone calls today, doctor, water repair man, sick mother, pay bills, fuel company, and I am supposed to be without a phone for TWO WEEKS?

2 Reads

Default_avatar
Michele Volkenant almost 6 years ago

I live in Green Isle, MN. Frontier is our only option for land line and internet. I called to have service started under a new name as we just inherited the property from the previous owner. The previous owner had internet (which was supposed to be wifi high speed but wasn't fast as promised) and a land line. I called for internet only and was told I had to have a land line to have internet. I made a date for installation of land line and Wi-Fi high speed internet and made a payment of 50 some dollars. No one ever showed up. I called and after being on hold for over 20 minutes i was told it was self install. During the conversation I was told that my internet would be dial-up. I told them that was not acceptable. They told me they did not have any ports left so I could not have Wi-Fi. I called several times to tell them I did not want their service. Was put on hold every time. I have wasted many hours on hold. After several 2 months I finally received a refund in the form of a debit card. I still do not have internet which I really need for my small farm records, etc. Why, if the previous owner had internet could I not get it here?

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Sadie Mosloski almost 6 years ago

comment... I was told I had to put in 2 modems for faster speed which I did. This also was supposed to have 8 devices which we couldn't even have 2 devices running at the same time. On September 23 I called to tell them one of the modems was not working. Technician had me try several operations and none worked. Then she said her supervisor suggested pulling one modem that was working fine and replacing the other modem (located in a different room) that wasn't working to see if the modem was bad. I was hesitant because I could at least watch one program but she "guaranteed" that it would work if I switched. As it happens,neither modems would work. She said she would have a technician come out on Thursday and I told her she screwed it up it better be fixed before Monday the 24th. She said she would keep trying to get it to work and call me back and she never called me back. On Monday I called and was told the work order was filed but couldn't give me a date when they would come and fix what they screwed up. On Tuesday September 25 I called and was told there was never a work order filed and supposedly they were working on it "remotely". No technician was ever dispatched to fix anything. On Thursday September 27th I called again at 3 pm and was told the technician was "enroute" when I had stated I needed a 20 minute notice to drive home. I got a call at 4:20 that he was finishing 2 calls in Fairmont and would be at my house shortly after 5. I left my job an hour early to meet him. He never showed up and never called. I called 8 pm on Thursday the 27th and they said they would have someone at my house "right away" Friday morning. On Friday about 8:15 AM I noticed a Frontier truck outside my house. I waited 20 minutes and he never came to the door or tried to contact me. I looked outside again and the truck was gone!!! I waited until 10:15 and called the technician and he said he didn't know if he was at the right house so he left and went to Sherburn (the next call on his list). He had my cell phone number and was at my house and he NEVER made the attempt to contact me and basically left!! He said he was finishing the job in Sherburn and was going to come back, which he did. He switched out one modem and couldn't get the 2nd one to work. He said he would come back on Saturday the 29th at 8 am. HE NEVER SHOWED UP!!! I called 3 times and left messages on his cell phone and yet no response. As of today October 1st, I still have the same problem the I started with on the 23rd of September. I am paying for 2 modems and 2 phone lines and I can't get any service from this company..

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Whitney Windschitl almost 6 years ago

The biggest concern I have is that because SO many communities rely on Frontier as their ONLY option for Internet - they feel like they don't need to try and improve their services or their customer service. I for once explained to the rep that I had disconnected (like they tell you to) several times and it didn't work - she had the nerve to tell me "well are you a technician?" No I'm a modern day woman who grew up when Internet was becoming an in-home thing and I know how to do what they tell me to every. time. I. call. Regardless - my bill continues to go up with no change in service speed, each time I call, it is a long drawn out process that ends with them claiming to need to come out - even tho some how my internet improves for a time after that before I have to call again.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Joy Meyer almost 6 years ago

We have had Frontier for over 16 years. There has never been enough infrastructure to give us anything better than dial-up and at times we don't even have dial-up. In fact in October of this month we have only had three days where we were able to access the internet for more than 5 minutes. There is no possible way given the post and 40 people on the same thing who only get 10 megabytes that any of us ever get even probably one. I have seen enough I have talked to enough and I have information if anybody would like that proves their claims of what they offer customers is absolutely false. Their managers call with bogus answer saying they figured out what my problem is and they plug something in in a building so I should be fine instead of having someone come out and look at it. It is been one nightmare after another and I have given up. The only way to resolve this is to give us all of our money back because they did not do at all what they say they are doing. It is not the people who come to work on the equipment or I'm guessing any of the people who answer the phones. It has to do with the management who has not put the correct infrastructure in when I'm certain they have had enough money to put it in numerous times. I understand as of yesterday that they're promo deal I've had for a few years is going away and our rates go from 40 to $50 a month. Frontier is the only option we have out here because of the way they have things set up and with no competition there's no reason for them to spend any money on us. I was told that they were trying to get a grant for our area. Why would they need a grant if they have gotten the money for infrastructure prior to this? And since they got granted a policy where they get the area and no competition, that proves to me that there is something wrong completely. Name anyone in the state who would pay for not even dial up as good is what we get 4:40 or $50 a month because that's all we can get. To the public commission utility folks: contact me if you would like because there is something really wrong and this is something the Attorney General's office should be looking at. I do have all of my notes as well. This is been unbelievably ridiculous. Thank you

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Clinton Anderson almost 6 years ago

This was normal frontier speeds at my home. I paid for bonded DSL, so I should have seen speeds 10 times that.. Rarely did I. normally it was this speed or slower.. Thankfully cellular based internet providers are popping up and giving people true high speed internet (I have seen my new service peg out at 100 meg!!)

The ever rising bill, and ever dropping speeds of frontier is signs of a copper giant that is making it's last gasps.. Even if they are "forced" by the MPUC to upgrade, I don't think they have the money.

I am just glad to have finely broken the bonds of a single provider monopoly.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Paul Kadera almost 6 years ago

Like other posts, I have no options in my area of Chisago Lake or I would have leave Frontier. Resetting our router is a daily routine, speed checks indicated sub-par levels of service vs. what I pay for and billing "errors" (I don't know if they are deceptive or just incompetent) are the norm. My wife has spent many hours over the last 10 years on the phone with Frontier on various topics. Truly pathetic service and if they had competition they would not have a business. No one in this area that I talk with has good things to say about Frontier -- it's the local joke, but people don't have options. PLEASE PLEASE find a company that will enter this local market and then you don't have to worry about pursuing Frontier's billing practices because they won't have any customers!! :-) I would switch in a nano second if I had options.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
LEIF BORG almost 6 years ago

MPUC Docket Number P407,405/CI-18-122, LEIF BORG, BLOOMING PRAIRIE , MN I SIGNED UP IN 2013 FOR A GUARANTEED $30/MO, THEY LIED ABOUT THAT, AND STARTED RAISING THE PRICES AS THE SPEED AND SERVICE JUST GOT WORSE TO UNUSABLE AS THEY OVERSELL THE LINE, I CALLED THREE WEEKS IN A ROW TO GET A REPAIR DONE AS MY CONNECTION WAS UNUSABLE ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY WOULD JUST CLOSE THE TROUBLE TICKET AND NEVER SEND ANYONE OUT AT ALL SAYING THAT THEY HAD ALREADY FIXED IT, AND THEN FINALLY NOT EVEN GIVING AN EXCUSE, BUT JUST APOLOGIZING, THEN THEY TRIED TO SAY THAT THERE WAS A DISCONNECT FEE EVEN THO THERE WAS NONE AND THEY ADMITTED FINALLY AFTER I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THEIR BOSS THAT THERE WASN'T ANY WHEN I HAD SIGNED UP, AND THAT THEY COULD WAIVE IT, ALSO THEY NEVER PROVIDED THE SPEED THAT THEY CLAIMED, AND HAVE SINCE TAKEN THE PAGE DOWN THAT TOLD THE SPEEDS/PLANS, I AM DONE WITH THIS UTTER GARBAGE

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Jennifer Menke almost 6 years ago

They promise and don't deliver. they advertise speeds they have never come close to achieving. When I complain, they say "it's the gamers and the streamers" -- ....well, duh. It is the INTERNET, after all. As for my phone, I have to have the land line and I don't use it. there is so much noise that I'd rather stand outside on my cellphone. If you want some honest answers to the question of whether or not Frontier is being deceptive, I suggest you track down some ex-employees.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Erin Dockal almost 6 years ago

From Denham, MN.

I don't even know where to start with this company.

I first dealt with them while living in town, a rural town of 300, but still "in town." I was quoted $19.99 per month and was sent a router to plug into a phone line that I originally told them I did not have (no phone jacks inside the house due to recent remodel). I called tech support and was told to plug it into the box mounted on the outside of my house and string the line though my kitchen window. While this was laughable, I did so and happily paid the $19.99 as they refused to come install an indoor jack without a fee like they previously said they would for no charge. When my bill rose to $35.99 a few months later I ended up having to call every month to get a $15.00 credit and every month they said they were unsure why it was happening but neglected to ever fix it.

I eventually moved out of town to live with my boyfriend who has been with Frontier since building his home in 2008 and was appalled at the price he was paying for such shoddy internet service. The trouble I had with them previously was nothing compared to what we were about to encounter.

Firstly, I must mention that the initial nightmare of trying to get his ex's name off the bill was beyond ridiculous. It took around two months of phone calls and emails to get it sorted out, along with them eventually demanding that she be present to remove her name. We ended up having to bother her multiple times while she was at work with 3-way calls (between her, Frontier and ourselves) as distance and work schedules made it hard for her to just pop over here to talk on the phone.

In an effort to shorten up what is becoming a rather long story, the situation in this very rural area (poor to no cell service and reliant on landline for emergencies) is identical to what so many commentators here are dealing with: slow speeds, call drops when communicating with customer service, a lack in communication between reps and repair men (I was once given the personal cell phone number of a repair man, oddly the rep told me to just call him myself, only to call and find out that it was a man I knew personally who retired from working with Frontier months ago!), constant need to reset routers, and, my biggest concern, the unwillingness of Frontier to charge everyone in the area the same amount for their slower than slow internet speeds (ours being touted as "High Speed Internet Max" yet only receiving .73 Mbps upload speed and .43 Mbps download speed). The last time I called about poor speeds with a high price tag I was politely told that I should keep in mind that we are basically grandfathered in out here and that they no longer service this area for new customers ... I was offered an insulting one-time $5 credit which I've yet to see.

Prior to learning about this investigation, I'd personally been doing speed tests and collecting price information from the neighbors in an effort to have something to fight with when I call back and try AGAIN to get our monthly rate lowered due to the incredibly slow speed. One neighbor, about a mile away, pays the same as we do, $50.99, with an even slower speed test than us, and another neighbor, also a mile away, pays $24.99 with slightly faster download speeds (1.75 Mbps). I understand that we are "in the middle of nowhere" and should almost expect to have poor-quality internet, but scaring customers to continue paying an arm and a leg for it is just awful. Basically they can charge what they want as they know we have no other option. Frontier has been nothing but a hassle with no positive outcome to date. I, as well as many others, would love to see something done about this horribly unethical scam they have going on.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
James Bartel almost 6 years ago

We are captive to Frontier and we are about 200 ft. from the Mediacom box and can't get faster more reliable internet... so upset and frustrated with Frontier and SO mad that we drive by the Mediacom box/hub many times a day and can't get it! Slow, inconsistent speeds, we re-boot our Frontier modem about 10 times a day but it doen't help much. Customer service is SO bad... they say 'yes I will take care of it' but never do. Never follow up when they say they will, and definitely do not deliver on the speed we are paying for. I feel like they "throttle" our speed because it is never the same. I had to call 5 times to get my bill corrected months ago as they overcharged me for a service call - they said there would be no charge, I'm sure thinking we would not notice.

The City of Independence says they are 'stuck in a contract' but if Frontier is not delivering, which based on the number of complaints looks like they are not, they the City has the responsibility to get out of the contact. Get Media come lined up PLEASE. Frontier is absolutely awful in every way you can rank them. But we are all STUCK due to an outdated contract.

It is almost 2019 and we expect high speed internet service located only 20 minutes from Downtown Minneapolis. Please do something to get this changes.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Kristine Solheid almost 6 years ago

They advertise services they know they cannot provide. We pay much more than people that live only a few miles away because they have multiple choices and we have one - frontier. They have dishonest and unethical billing practices and terrible customer service. They should not be allowed to continue to monopolize markets and refuse to provide even the most basic of services to customers.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Shahna Voita almost 6 years ago

Our residence has had Frontier phone and "broadband" internet service since 2010. We have had repeated service calls for many different issues. We have had no phone service for a week, scratching/static on line for months, inability to dial out even with dial tone. As we don't use the phone that often it hasn't been an inconvenience for us, BUT it is a service we are paying for monthly as part of their cheaper "package" in order to receive their supposed broadband internet service. The phone issues were eventually repaired/addressed but it took multiple calls/visits only to find out that the equipment at fault is at a switching station and nothing to do with our wiring. We have NEVER had advertised broadband speeds or even close. We average 2-3 Mb/sec download and never have reached even 1Mb/sec upload. The FCC has defined broadband as at least 25Mb/sec download. After multiple calls/service inquiries and multiple visits by technicians, I was finally able to speak with a district supervisor who told me that the connection box approximately 1/2 mile from our house was outdated and needed to be replaced. He admitted that as there are only approximately 30-40 customers being served by that box that this wouldn't be replaced anytime soon as it wasn't cost effective. He told me all of this during a phone conversation and would not put any of this in writing. Our internet service continues to degrade as more individuals are added to this service point/box and calling for technical support/repair does not good. I just had another technician out a couple of weeks back who gave me his supervisor's name and phone number and asked for me to call and complain as the speed we are getting is all we are ever going to receive until the equipment is replaced and/or upgraded. We are not receiving (and never have) the service level we pay for (even with the disclaimer that speeds advertised may not be available in all areas). I have contacted many other providers near us, but no other broadband internet service provider has service to our residence. Our only other option is satellite broadband internet, which is not an option due to data caps and poor latency inherent with this technology. Frontier also continually renews our 2 year contract upon our expiration date. I have asked about not renewing this contract, but then am told that I would have to pay more for our service if it wasn't "locked" into a 2 year pricing guarantee. Very, very unhappy with the service we are paying for, but there are no other good options available to us.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Mary Schoenbauer almost 6 years ago

We have been customers of Frontier for only three years; however, in that short time we have found their service to be less than desirable. We moved from an area where we had land line phone service, wireless Internet and cable for $136/month to having to pay $154/month to Frontier for Internet and cable (no land line). The cost of these services has increased nearly $20/month in the past year. We certainly wouldn't have minded the increase in rates if the service provided was good, but it is far from that. Nearly every evening outrInternet service is interrupted. As a result we are not able to stream movies -- they just freeze up. The fix is easy, we have to reboot the system, We shouldn't have to do it on a daily basis. And the fact that Frontier partners with Dish for cable, but neither one of them wants to be responsible for any problems, only exasperates the issue. I have to agree with others that our rate increase came as a result of having to "renew" our two year contract and that, again, we would be locked in to a two year contact. So we're not looking forward to the next renewal knowing a rate increase will probably accompany it.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Celeste Paulsen almost 6 years ago

I've been reading all the stuff that comes to my email about Frontier. Golly gee whiz! I see that they "forgot" to include the notice of the inquiry and scheduled meetings to all of their electronically billed customers. For some reason (maybe that I'm pretty sarcastic when I'm being insulted!) I don't buy that this was an "oops". There are so many customers who bundle with Dish satellite (or others) and who prefer to do their bills electronically, that it's probably in the high percentile of their monthly billing versus paper bills. Makes me angry that they think people are so dumb! I'm going to stop venting about that before I get crabby!

I wanted to let you know that I got my notice of my electronic billing for November from Frontier today. They increased their Internet Infrastructure Surcharge by $2.00. It's $3.99 now. If you recall, the explanation I got from them previously was that it is a surcharge to offset the cost of improving and maintaining their lines and equipment. Apparently they have figured out that the PUC inquiry is costing more than they originally figured. It infuriates me that they can arbitrarily charge customers whatever they feel is necessary to cover the costs for their failures.

Is there a way to find out if the funds that are collected from the citizens in Minnesota are actually being used to the benefit of Minnesotans? Although I sincerely feel for the victims of the wrath of Mother Nature around the country, I would be angry to know that what we are paying is not for our benefit - ie. "Infrastructure surcharge" to improve and maintain the lines and equipment in Minnesota.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Charlotte Oie almost 6 years ago

Frontier is our only choice for Internet...frustration in trying to report a problem... call service numbers, get a voice mail....seems if it is damp out, we get less internet service...small issues become big issues when u can't relay ur problem...internet seems to drift...some service, oops, no service, oh, some service...u just cant depend it to be up to speed.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Jerilyn Schaffhausen almost 6 years ago

We have suffered with terrible service from Frontier for 25 years now and have pretty much given up on them only because we have wasted so much time over the years on the phone with them on hold, getting moved from person to person, disconnected you name it. We don't even bother anymore because we have better things to do and are just basically told we have to live with their poor service. Never any good outcome or resolution - only excuses. Internet speeds are all over the place when we do have internet but never as high or even close to their advertised speeds. Router resettings, internet outages, and no service at all are a daily occurrence. I am so glad to see everyone's comments because I feel like I have lived their comments for the past 25 years! If I sit here and write about all the time and frustration I have spent over the years, I will just get myself worked up again. Please do something about this or provide another option to us that do not have a choice!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Joni Hedtke almost 6 years ago

MPCU Docket P407,405/CI-18-122 Curtis & Joni Hedtke, Mayer MN The last 3-4 years our internet service has been horrible. We live in rural Mayer and Frontier is our only internet option other than satellite. We pay $55.99 for high speed and rent a high speed modem for an additional $6.99. We have been keeping a log of days and time when we do not have service and every single day there is an issue. This definitely is not worth $63 a month. It took me several times today to get on the internet just to "SpeakUp". Evenings and weekends are the worst. It also doesn't work when there has been a lot of rain or during the snow thaw. Moisture seems to be a big factor in our area. Frontier has no problem taking our money but when you try to get them to do anything about their lousy service they just keep blaming the "system" or "high traffic". My husband is self-employed and needs to access the internet for business. We are actively seeking other providers and some day hope to cut the cord with Frontier for good!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
jim hahn almost 6 years ago

Internet service from frontier has been terrible never know when it is going to WORK IF IT DOES WORK IT IS very slow have had problems for many YEARS THIS SERVICE SUCKS MPUC DOCKET NUMBER P 407,405/C1-18-122

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Wendy Larson almost 6 years ago

We pay over $60 per month for extremely unreliable Internet service. We have contacted Frontier several times about lack of connectivity and reliability and it's always something--usually on our end. It has got to the point where we don't even bother to call them. There are no other providers in our area that we know of. What a shame that we pay high prices for extremely unreliable service.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Linda Dvorak almost 6 years ago

MPCU Docket P407,405/CI-18-122 Linda Dvorak LeCenter MN. I work from home and my internet is down on average 1-2 times per week. Not good when you work from home. I have contacted Frontier each time it goes down and I keep asking if there is a record of all the times I have called on this same issue and they tell me there is not a record of all my calls. That is ridiculous. I have also checked the speed of my internet service and have been told by my work comm guys that at the speed I am getting, I should not be having to pay at all for my internet. I wish there were an option for my internet in my area, but there isn't.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Brian McCarthy almost 6 years ago

Frontier overcharged me for the first 4 months of my contract by $25. I was told one price and charged $25 more for the first 4 months. I had to call them every month to get them to reimburse me. I was also charged for a premium house phone package that I never requested. This was after they finally stopped overcharging me for the service and also went on for at least 2 months. Customer service did not believe me so they launched a "investigation" in which they went thru the recorded phone messages between us and finally reimbursed me a month later. Also, for the last 3 month, like clockwork on Friday my internet would go out for the entire weekend and come back on Monday. This was a HUGE inconvenience since a have to have internet for my job (not to mention my kids use it quite a bit for entertainment). It was almost not worth calling customer service as they were never able to fix the problem and the wait for the chat would be almost an hour as it was probably affecting a lot more people. When they go through resetting the modem and figure out they cannot fix the problem they would have to make an appointment with a technician which I was told I would be charged for. I literally only have 1 other option for internet in my area (Direct TV) so I'm feeling very taken advantage of. There is also a mew charge on my bill for $6.99 that raised my bill up again. This has yet to be explained.

0 Reads

Bootstrap_10218078282535135
Wendy Hoeck almost 6 years ago

It is difficult to get a straight answer from anyone we are always being told the faster speed is coming but it never gets to us. We are always told the speeds are good and where they are supposed to be. But it continually drops or is incredibly slow no discount is ever given when it just plain doesn't work. Again the service guys are great but they cannot fix the problem if the service isn't there.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Julie Vick almost 6 years ago

As a resident of Chisago City, MN we have 2 providers..Frontier and Midco. I have been unhappy with Frontier for several years for their service and cost. We will be transferring our serive to Midco in 2019. My Husban and I called two differnet times to have someone come out and review our internet. We even received a support # with date and time...No one showed up. We spent the entire day at home and no follow-up or explanation. Please provide other options to us!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Bill Sherck almost 6 years ago

I am laughing a bit as I write. Frontier’s technician was supposed to be here between 8 am and 12pm today. It is now after noon and we haven’t heard a word. Another half-day of work taken off for Frontier’s LOUSY service. Same story, different day. This will be visit number six or so. Each time they come out they “fix” our intermittent internet service. Next day? The internet signal stops working . My wife and I have spent countless hours online with Frontier’s support folks trying to get our service to work and also trying to get our money back. We pay $107 a month for service that drops daily. We have documented our conversations with the support folk who freely admit they can see our service drop multiple times a day. That said, we don’t always meet their “required” numbers of drops to send techs. The support folks always tell us we live in a “high use” area. We live in the City of Independence’s low development area. This company is taking our money and falsely advertising quality and service. We feel completely helpless as we sit on hold and receive the same excuses each time we try and look for solutions to our nonstop problems with Frontier. PLEASE HELP US!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Jordan Sams over 5 years ago

I wrote on here earlier about a week ago about their bad practices of billing, over billing and blatantly lying to me and my wife.
I wrote to the better business bureau and Frontier called me to try and give me a "deal". It was a slap in the face. They sent a tech out to my place and they said my internet was fine. They replaced my router with a supposed "better" modem.... the bandwidth apparently was supposed to be better but in turn got absolutely worse!!! What the heck? It was worse than what we complained about. The internet goes out all the time now and we can't even stream a show. They are absolutely the worse company with no morals or ethics in how they handle business.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Ray Mair over 5 years ago

We live East of Ely, MN on the East side of White Iron lake. We had DSL internet in 2015 and 2016 and dropped it because it was less than 1mbps service, paying about $30 per month. We renewed in the fall of 2016 after they made an equipment upgrade and were told to expect 6mbps down and 1mbps up, which we can live with. It had been pretty good when we were only there part time but moved here permanently. The service is very up and down. This morning has been particularly bad where we can't even get a speed test to run at times or Pandora to stream. We have a technician scheduled out for tomorrow. A real frustration is that Frontier always wants to blame the modem (which they provide) or things inside the house and usually the problem is a line issue or not enough capacity. We are not getting our money's worth paying $50 per month. Lake Connections ran a high speed fiber conduit past our house but they ran out of money to pull the cable and initiate service. We would like to see Frontier upgrade their service, or cut back on their pricing so we are only paying for what we are receiving and/or someone complete the Lake connections project.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Paula Illi over 5 years ago

We started internet service with Frontier in 2015. Since 2015 our rates have increased by 25% and each increase was without prior warning. More importantly, each increase was not also accompanied by improved internet service. With the last increase we were told the $3.99 "Other Charges" were actually a surcharge specifically for Frontier to maintain and improve their service in our area.
Due to the poor internet service Frontier provides, this latest increase/surcharge is wrong in so many ways.
1. We are currently paying for service of 6MB (as stated by Frontier Customer Service.
2. Our phone line, installed prior to 1972, is only capable of 1.3MB (as stated by Frontier Technical Support). 3. We would have to pay MORE for 3MB service than we do for 6MB service yet our phone lines aren't capable of either (as stated by Frontier customer service and technical support.

Since 2015 we have experienced frequent outages - sometimes a day or multiple days but mostly our outages are intermittent throughout a day, hour or minute. We have spent too many hours on the phone with Frontier over the past 4 years - each call made was for billing increases, outages or both. For outages, at times we've had to wait days for someone to arrive from out of state to arrive. Other times, a local service person would switch our line to a "less used" port within the sub station (as stated by the frontier service person). During the first year that tactic seemed to work for a week or two but that doesn't help anymore.

During the fall of 2017 Technical Support decided to replace the buried telephone line from our road to our house - the new line did not help and actually decreased our already poor internet service. At that time we were told by the service person that that was all they could do because they COULD NOT replace the line from our road to the substation which is what they said was needed.

Frontier is the only wired internet option in our area. Our cell service is not 100% reliable so we must rely on a wired internet to utilize wifi calling on our cell phones when emergency situations arise.
To summarize: - we are paying for 6MB service that we are not receiving and would have to pay more for 3MB service that our buried lines are not capable of supporting - we are getting extremely unreliable intermittent 1.5 MB service - our billing now includes a surcharge by Frontier to maintain and improve our service

Our internet service provided by Frontier is simply not functioning as though it is maintained or improved. If it were we would get the level of service we currently are billed and pay for each month.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Paula Illi over 5 years ago

I wish to amend by original post to clarify what I stated as our unreliable and intermittent 1.5 MB internet service. That should actually state unreliable and intermittent 1.50 MBPS Download. I would also like to include the current Upload speed of 139.91 KBPS which is obviously insufficient as well!

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Janice Krumwiede over 5 years ago

The service is slow due to poor MB. Don't get what we pay for.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Ann Sobiech over 5 years ago

My husband and I are trying to save some money so we wanted to see if we could decrease our phone bill. When I called and talked with Shawn I initially asked if we were getting the beat deal for the service we have. After a short period he came back and said yes you are getting the best deal. Then I asked how much we could save if we got rid of the unlimited long distance. He proceeded to tell me that we would have to pay 10 cents per minute if we switched. We don’t care about paying 10 cents per minute because we don’t call long distance much and if we do we can use our cellphones. I told him multiple times that the per minute price didn’t bother me and he just proceeded to tell me I was getting the best deal. I was so frustrated because he pretty much ended the call without me getting the reduced service I wanted.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Kathleen Phillips over 5 years ago

I have had to repeatedly contact Frontier for promotion promised when we contracted for Internet service. They just try to frustrate you so you give up and stop trying to get what you were promised. I have a full copy of the chat if you require it. I have included here with XXXX for redacted information. I set up new Internet service and was supposed to receive a year subscription to Amazon Prime. When I open the email all it says is "Hi" and there is no other content. Can you assist me with obtaining my Amazon Prime membership as promised. The account # is XXXXXXXXX-. I spoke with Julia (in Manilla) and with Shane (in Manilla) both disconnected me and never called me back even though I had given them the cell number I was calling from. The last lady told me to call Amazon. I did and Amazon rep laughed at me when I told him Frontier rep had told me to call Amazon customer service because I had no account number or other reference. Your customer service in Manila is very poor. [Florrielynn] Thank you for contacting Frontier! My name is Flo. I’m located in Florida. I’m happy to help you! While I resolve your concerns today, I’ll review your account to make sure you’re receiving the best value for your money. For security purposes, please verify your account number and PIN. The account number and PIN are located at the top of your paper Frontier statement, and online after you sign in at Frontier.com at the top right side of the main page. [Kathleen Phillips] I provided my account number above and pin is XXXX [Florrielynn] May I have the name on the account? [Kathleen Phillips] Kathleen and James Phillips [Florrielynn] Unfortunately, I'm not showing you are listed on the account as an authorized user. The account holder may contact our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101 to add you as a permanently authorized party. That way we can discuss the account with you in the future. [Florrielynn] I apologize for the inconvenience to you. [Kathleen Phillips] I am the one that set up the service and the account. How can I not be an authorized user? [Florrielynn] It is only showing that the account is in one name and no authorized parites listed on the account. [Florrielynn] Once the account holder contacts our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101, you can be added as a permanently authorized party. [Kathleen Phillips] I used this chat feature for the last two weeks to set up repair on our previous account XXXXXXXXX and this new account was supposed to be set up exactly like our old account. It appears that whoever set up the new account did not set it up identical to the previous account. [Kathleen Phillips] I was an authorized user on that account. Florrielynn is typing

[Kathleen Phillips] I set up new Internet service and was supposed to receive a year subscription to Amazon Prime. When I open the email all it says is "Hi" and there is no other content. Can you assist me with obtaining my Amazon Prime membership as promised. The account # is XXXXXXX I spoke with Julia (in Manilla) and with Shane (in Manilla) both disconnected me and never called me back even though I had given them the cell number I was calling from. The last lady told me to call Amazon. I did and Amazon rep laughed at me when I told him Frontier rep had told me to call Amazon customer service because I had no account number or other reference. Your customer service in Manila is very poor. [Florrielynn] Thank you for contacting Frontier! My name is Flo. I’m located in Florida. I’m happy to help you! While I resolve your concerns today, I’ll review your account to make sure you’re receiving the best value for your money. For security purposes, please verify your account number and PIN. The account number and PIN are located at the top of your paper Frontier statement, and online after you sign in at Frontier.com at the top right side of the main page. [Kathleen Phillips] I provided my account number above and pin is XXXX [Florrielynn] May I have the name on the account? [Kathleen Phillips] Kathleen and James Phillips [Florrielynn] Unfortunately, I'm not showing you are listed on the account as an authorized user. The account holder may contact our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101 to add you as a permanently authorized party. That way we can discuss the account with you in the future. [Florrielynn] I apologize for the inconvenience to you. [Kathleen Phillips] I am the one that set up the service and the account. How can I not be an authorized user? [Florrielynn] It is only showing that the account is in one name and no authorized parites listed on the account. [Florrielynn] Once the account holder contacts our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101, you can be added as a permanently authorized party. [Kathleen Phillips] I used this chat feature for the last two weeks to set up repair on our previous account XXXXXXXXXXX and this new account was supposed to be set up exactly like our old account. It appears that whoever set up the new account did not set it up identical to the previous account. [Kathleen Phillips] I was an authorized user on that account. [Florrielynn] I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you. [Kathleen Phillips] No, I would like to chat with a customer service manager. This is unacceptable. I just get the run around every time I deal with Frontier. If you check the old account you will see I was an authorized user, since Frontier set up the new account and promised it was identical to the old account you should be able to correct the error. Thank you. [Florrielynn] One moment please. [Florrielynn] Thank you for your patience. Is there a number where James Phillips can be reached? [Kathleen Phillips] [Florrielynn] I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you. [Kathleen Phillips] No, I would like to chat with a customer service manager. This is unacceptable. I just get the run around every time I deal with Frontier. If you check the old account you will see I was an authorized user, since Frontier set up the new account and promised it was identical to the old account you should be able to correct the error. Thank you. No there is not. He is at work.

[Florrielynn] Thank you for your patience. Please hold while I connect you with a supervisor. [Tanja] Hello, my name is Tanja a supervisor here in the eCenter. Please give me a moment to review the chat transcript. [Kathleen Phillips] Thank you [Tanja] You're welcome. In reviewing this account you are not listed as an authorized user. In order to get you authorized it is usually necessary to speak with the account holder however, I show that you provided a previous account number. Please give me a moment to locate that account and confirm you are listed. [Tanja] Thank you for your patience. I was able to locate the previous account. Can you please verify your date of birth for me? [Kathleen Phillips] either XXXX Jamesor XXXXXKathleen [Tanja] Thank you. Please give me a moment to get this updated. [Tanja] Thank you for waiting. I have updated the account. Let me check on the Amazon Prime subscription.
[Tanja] Just to confirm you never received the subscription code is that correct? [Kathleen Phillips] That is correct. The email I recieved had "Hi" in it the remainder was blank. [Tanja] I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will have to send an email to our promos department to have the subscription code reset to you. Is the email address XXXX@XXXX.com? [Kathleen Phillips] yes that is the correct email. [Tanja] Ok, I will get that resent to you as it's not visible in my system at this time. Please give us up to 4 hours to get that sent. [Kathleen Phillips] [Kathleen Phillips] I st up new Internet service and was supposed to recieve a year subscription to Amazon Prime. When I open the emailall it says is "Hi" and there is no other content. Can you assist me with obtaining my Amazon Prime membership as promised. The account # is XXXXXXX. I spoke with Julia (in Manilla) and with Shane (in Manilla) both disconnected me and never called me back even though I had given them the cell number I was calling from. The last lady told me to call Amazon. I did and Amazon rep laughed at me when I told him Frontier rep had told me to call Amazon customer service because I had no account number or other reference. Your customer service in Manila is very poor. [Florrielynn] Thank you for contacting Frontier! My name is Flo. I’m located in Florida. I’m happy to help you! While I resolve your concerns today, I’ll review your account to make sure you’re receiving the best value for your money. For security purposes, please verify your account number and PIN. The account number and PIN are located at the top of your paper Frontier statement, and online after you sign in at Frontier.com at the top right side of the main page. [Kathleen Phillips] I provided my account number above and pin is XXX [Florrielynn] May I have the name on the account? [Kathleen Phillips] Kathleen and James Phillips [Florrielynn] Unfortunately, I'm not showing you are listed on the account as an authorized user. The account holder may contact our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101 to add you as a permanently authorized party. That way we can discuss the account with you in the future. [Florrielynn] I apologize for the inconvenience to you. [Kathleen Phillips] I am the one that set up the service and the account. How can I not be an authorized user? [Florrielynn] It is only showing that the account is in one name and no authorized parites listed on the account. [Florrielynn] Once the account holder contacts our Customer Service Center by phone at (800) 921-8101, you can be added as a permanently authorized party. [Kathleen Phillips] I used this chat feature for the last two weeks to set up repair on our previous account 9524357505 and this new account was supposed to be set up exactly like our old account. It appears that whoever set up the new account did not set it up identical to the previous account. [Kathleen Phillips] I was an authorized user on that account. [Florrielynn] I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you. [Kathleen Phillips] No, I would like to chat with a customer service manager. This is unacceptable. I just get the run around every time I deal with Frontier. If you check the old account you will see I was an authorized user, since Frontier set up the new account and promised it was identical to the old account you should be able to correct the error. Thank you. [Florrielynn] One moment please. [Florrielynn] Thank you for your patience. Is there a number where James Phillips can be reached? [Kathleen Phillips] [Florrielynn] I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you. [Kathleen Phillips] No, I would like to chat with a customer service manager. This is unacceptable. I just get the run around every time I deal with Frontier. If you check the old account you will see I was an authorized user, since Frontier set up the new account and promised it was identical to the old account you should be able to correct the error. Thank you. No there is not. He is at work.

[Florrielynn] Thank you for your patience. Please hold while I connect you with a supervisor. [Tanja] Hello, my name is Tanja a supervisor here in the eCenter. Please give me a moment to review the chat transcript. [Kathleen Phillips] Thank you [Tanja] You're welcome. In reviewing this account you are not listed as an authorized user. In order to get you authorized it is usually necessary to speak with the account holder however, I show that you provided a previous account number. Please give me a moment to locate that account and confirm you are listed. [Tanja] Thank you for your patience. I was able to locate the previous account. Can you please verify your date of birth for me? [Kathleen Phillips] either XXXX Jamesor XXXXXKathleen [Tanja] Thank you. Please give me a moment to get this updated. [Tanja] Thank you for waiting. I have updated the account. Let me check on the Amazon Prime subscription. [Tanja] Just to confirm you never received the subscription code is that correct? [Kathleen Phillips] That is correct. The email I recieved had "Hi" in it the remainder was blank. [Tanja] I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will have to send an email to our promos department to have the subscription code reset to you. Is the email address XXX@XXX.com? [Kathleen Phillips] yes that is the correct email.

Send Okay thank you I will look for it later today. Thank you for your assistance. Bye

Tanja is typing

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Jerilyn Schaffhausen over 5 years ago

A few months ago, we had someone build a house right next to us. A few weeks ago, our internet just goes out completely for no reason. Spent an hour on the phone with Frontier and they said that they would have to send someone out but it would be five days before anyone could come out to see what was wrong. Five days later, the technician shows up and immediately states, “Oh, we must have accidentally pinched your line while when installing service for your neighbor.” Thanks, Frontier, for your usual carelessness. Now, we noticed that the new wire they installed through our property is less than 8 feet off the ground. We cannot put our horses in that pasture or they will for sure run right into it and we have to make sure no one drives into it?? We called over two weeks ago to ask them to come out and fix the wire but, of course, have heard nothing and it is still not fixed. Why would anyone put a wire like that less than 8 feet off the ground. We should not have to keep cleaning up messes from Frontier. SERIOUSLY????

Attachments: IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0455.jpg
0 Reads

Bootstrap_1157758547732887
sharon strecker over 5 years ago

In Jan 2016 we hooked up to frontier. We have had nothing but trouble. We were told this was the only internet co.We never get refunds when it is out. We were having a issue with it not working called and was told they couldn't come out for 2 or so weeks no refund, when the did come out they said it was the box inside was out dated,we had to up grade more money. Last week we get notice we were being charged 5 dollars more a month. 70 dollars is way to much for bad service.

0 Reads

Bootstrap_244841136418221
Robert Allen over 5 years ago

I tried many times to get a phone line to my house in Buyck,MN. Always hours of waiting for a rep to answer. I begged at one point to please install phone service as I had suffered a heart attack and needed the phone because of medical concerns. Always the same rude customer service and always a denial of service because they wanted me to pay upfront a 250 dollar deposit before they would send a guy out. I live on SSI and receive 750.00 a month to live on and there is no room after paying rent and utilities and car ins. to cover a deposit that large. I informed them of my medical needs to have a way to call 911 and was told that this was my problem not theirs. I tried several more times asking each time to speak to a manager just to be hung up on, so I gave up. I now have Viasat internet with a voip phone that costs me nearly 100.00 a month and it's as bad as Frontier as far as I have been told. I just want a phone line out in the woods in case I ever need to call 911 and I'll be a happy camper. It will not be Frontier as they refuse to hook me up without the gigantic deposit. I'm stuck and angry.

0 Reads

Default_avatar
Pat Luke over 5 years ago

I have been a long time Frontier customer using phone and then adding internet service. Back in December 2016 my bill reads that I had Broadband Max which today on Frontiers ad reads as up to 24 mbps for 24.99. In April of 2017 I noticed some internet speed issues (running at 3 mbps) and went online to see what upgrades might be available as my internet usage has increased. I called and spoke to a representative who said my internet plan should give me up to 6 mbps and I could upgrade to Ultra (12 mbps with phone) for 56.43. I was told the service would be adjusted by the next day. The next morning I had no internet service for a week. We called and called each time spending at least an hour on the phone. Once service was restored we had 12 mbps for a day or two before service went 6 mbps or less. This has gone on for several months now with service dropping to 0 mbps while using the computer. Rest the modem or restart it, call customer service and have several service calls answered. I have had the modem replaced, computer settings changed, filters (phone), wiring internally and have been told many stories about old equipment at the exchange for the area. Now Frontier is advertising 115 mbps for what I now pay. Even if the cost is more for additional mbps, why would I want to pay move when my average is not more than 6 mbps and drops often. As my home is becoming more dependent on internet with WIFI I will need to find a more reliable service with service as reliable as other utilities (natural gas, electric, water). I also need to lobby for a minimum mbps service. Is it possible for Frontier to provide a minimum service of internet speed at a reasonable cost? I would like to receive at least 24 mbps to possibly support 4k programming offered through the internet. I am sure I could pay more and more with no guarantee of minimum service.

0 Reads