This Discussion channel is currently closed.

Default_avatar
Harry Thompson over 6 years ago

I believe the 6.4% is unreasonable for seniors who are living on a fixed budget and will not see a 6.4% increase in their incomes. I would request the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission deny the requested 6.4% rate increase.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Harry Thompson over 6 years ago

Overall I thing Centerpoint Energy does a very good job as far as service is concerned.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Tamara Sanderson over 6 years ago

I believe it is unreasonable to raise the rate 6.4%. Most families live pay check to pay check, hopefully saving a little. Most people's raises, if they even get one, are much less than 6.4% but the cost of living is going up in every area every year. Most pay raises are negated by higher living costs. I would request that the Minnesota PUblic Utilities Commission deny the requested 6.4% increase.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Mike Stoner over 6 years ago

Note that the rate increase for families and small businesses is actually about 8.9% on average. The 6.4% number CenterPoint uses is the overall increase including businesses. Large businesses will have a much smaller increase.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Rhonda Landini over 6 years ago

This rate increase is way to high, I live pay check to pay check. Raises at workers employment are less that 6.4%. Please do not increase this. I believe the 6.4% is unreasonable for seniors who are living on a fixed budget and will not see a 6.4% increase in their incomes. I would request the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission deny the requested 6.4% rate increase.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Linnea M over 6 years ago

Why, as customers, are we continuing to be subjected to rate hikes to pay for the cost of Centerpoint Energy to do business? Centerpoint requested a similar rate increase last year. The 6.4% increase being asked for by Centerpoint is in excess of what is actually needed and therefore not reasonable. I would request the Public Utilities Commission to deny the request for a rate increase.

1 Read

Default_avatar
Tyler Hanson over 6 years ago

This increase is unreasonable to me as for residential customers it will be 8.9%. While heavy users in Commercial/Industrial see only a 3.2% increase, in small volume dual fuel sales service sees a 2.7% or 3.1% increase. The average person does not see an 8.9% raise each year. It seems that residential customers will be taking the bulk of the increase. This is unfair and unreasonable. There should be a flat increase, or else corporations should be paying more since they are likely receiving tax breaks and incentives that us citizens do not receive.

1 Read